1 pre-made deep dish pie shell (frozen or fresh)
1/2 to 3/4 cup raw broccoli (broccoli crown seems to work best)
1 1/2 cup half & half or 2% milk (half & half seems to work better)
4 large or extra large eggs
6 oz shredded cheese (Cheddar or Colby Jack works nicely)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped onion
Dash salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C
- If using frozen pie shell, remove from freezer and set on the oven to thaw for about 5-7 minutes.
- Poke holes in pie shell and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- While pie shell is baking, rough chop broccoli, and steam in microwave for 3-4 minutes depending on the amount used.
- Whisk together eggs, garlic powder, chopped onion, salt & pepper in mixing bowl.
- Remove pie shell and place on lined baking tray, drain broccoli and place in pie shell, covering with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over combined broccoli & cheese in pie shell.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown, and a knife inserted into quiche comes out clean.
Makes 8 servings.