Resolutions for 2018
Come the New Year, we all make resolutions. Most are about weight loss, some are about working our way around making our lives better, or just trying to change little things so that we can have a better life. I’ve found that the more resolutions you have, the less likely that you’re going to accomplish most of them or any of the important ones that you wished to focus on. So with that in mind, I’m going to attempt to keep my list short for 2018. Baby steps, I suppose would be the most apt way to address it. Fix a couple, and others will fall in line, or be brought to the fore. If you want to make a journey, you have to take the first step.
So, without further ado, here’s my list of resolutions for 2018, in no particular order:
- Drink no more than 2 Chai Lattes per day. (loaded with sugar, not really good for me in large quantities)
- Write more on my blog. I can use it for talking to myself, and just musing about things, as well as what I have been using it for so far.
- Make an effort to cull and downsize the number of things that I have, eliminate redundancies in items, lower my footprint as it were.
- Clean the house, make it more presentable.
- Lose 50 lbs. (I’m approximately 285 on any given day, that would bring me down to about 235, and see how I look/feel at that point)
- Winterize the house, the recent cold snap has made me aware that we’re wasting energy (and wasting money) heating the place constantly, instead of retaining the heat that’s generated.
- Eat healthier. Make better food choices. I’m not getting any younger.
- Spend more time getting to know my Miss, and being involved with her.
- Play with the cat more. I can tell he’s getting bored and needs more stimulation. He needs to lose weight as well.
- Go through my storage bin, see if I can eliminate items there that I haven’t used in 20 plus years. Save the money from my storage fees ($876/yr) and plow them into reducing my debt. (Figured over the last 24 years I’ve spent close to $22,000 in storage fees)
- Reduce my CC debt.
See? Easy. Now I just have to apply myself to getting them done. Miss has said that she’s happy to help with the foody aspects. Perhaps together we can shed some weight. I’ve heard it’s better to do that with a partner. They can motivate you (and you they) and help when things are getting you down.
Here’s to 2018, and success.