5 medium-sized russet potatoes peeled and cubed
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
15 oz kernel corn, green beans or peas
1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried parsley (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175° C.
- Place the potatoes and water to cover in a large pot over high heat. As potatoes come to a boil, reduce heat slightly and boil for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a medium (10″) skillet over medium-high heat, breaking apart and then drain excess fat.
- To the browned, drained ground beef, add tomato sauce, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, ground black pepper and vegetable of choice.
- Stir all together well to incorporate. Drain the potatoes, mash with milk and butter (if preferred) and spread over the beef mixture in a casserole dish. Poke 2 to 3 vent holes through the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.